CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 20, 2011

In the yard.....

Since we installed our fence last year we have decided to get eye deep in improving the look of our front yard. My husband has succcessfully killed off the grass and 90% successfully killed off the moss, cut down a tree, and have added flowerbeds that surround the entire yard. Today I spent time outside digging in these new flowerbeds, while my 2 year old spent time digging in her sandbox, and my dogs vaccumed up loose birdseed from under the feeder on the stump of the now cut down tree. We removed a planter that was up against the house, and in doing so dug up all my iris rhizomes. Once I divided all of these i had approximatly 300. Can you believe it? 300!! And I have replanted all of them. And I still have more flowerbeds to fill in. I have a TON of work left to do, but I feel so accomplished!

1 comments:

Heather said...

I am sure it will be beautiful when they all come up.