CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 15, 2011

Barettes, Clippies and Bows OH MY!

One of the things I have learned how to make recently are clippies and bows. Oh my goodness how fun are these? I have a daughter who has the most gorgeous red hair. Downside to this.......Ok your asking is there really a downside? Yup. With her there is. She wont let me put stuff in her hair 99% of the time and the 1% of the time she does, its usually pulled out before we get out of the car! Heartbraking I know. So heres what I did. Started making them to sell. The reception of them hasnt been that great. The market seems to be inundated with boutique bows and whatnot. And I get it. My philosophy. Keep it cute and the costs low. And thats what I have done. I do my level best to get good deals on my ribbon, even getting hand me downs from people including my mom who probably has enough to circle the globe a few times. I want my customers to be getting a solid item that wont fall apart the next day. And my product tester? My daughter. If it survives her then I know I did good. So all of my bows and clippies (while not the exact ones pictured in my etsy shop and FB page, no need to spread cooties) have been kid tested and me approved. So leave me some feedback and let me know what you think :-)

I really love this one. Great for an adult or a teenager. $4









Now here is something I havent seen ANYWHERE else. The SQUARE korker. Thats right SQUARE! ! You would not believe how much ribbon is in just 1!
$2 small
$3 Medium
$4 Large
$5 piggy set







I call these ones my Micro Korkers. Super small korkers on clips with a decorative center. They range in price from $2.50-$3.50 per set (This one is $3.50.)




These particular ones are $2.50 per set. I have them in a wide variety of styles. I love gingham!









Triple Layer Stacked Bow $3.50

0 comments: